Things to Consider When Researching Plastic Extrusion Companies
If you need a plastic extrusion profile, it is important to start by researching several of the top plastic extrusion companies. Select at least four of the best companies and then compare the type of plastic extrusion equipment used, company history, quality of plastic material, pricing, guarantee, and more. With this exercise, you will find it easier to narrow your search down to the one company that best suits your needs. Even if you go through one of the best plastic extrusion suppliers, spend time conducting research.
- Experience – When looking at different plastic extrusion suppliers, you need to get information about them as well as the manufacturing company. In particular, you need information on experience. Typically, the more experience a company has, the better the finished product.
- Standard versus Customized Profiles – Whether you need a profile customized for a current project and expect to need one at some point in the future, be sure to look for companies that offer both standard and custom extrusion services.
- Turnaround Time – Especially if you are on a tight deadline, make sure that any companies of interest are capable of providing you with a quick turnaround without compromising the finished product.
- Production Runs – Another factor to consider is the company’s expertise in dealing with short and long production runs. Obviously, you want to hire a company that has the qualifications required for the type of run associated with your product to ensure it is seamless.
- Pricing – Although pricing is not necessarily the top criterion for choosing a plastic extrusion company, it is certainly important. Therefore, look at candidates that offer exceptional products at competitive rates.
- Equipment – The type of plastic extrusion equipment used is another key consideration. You need assurance that the manufacturing company you choose uses state-of-the-art extrusion machines. The reason this is so important is that extrusion machinery has evolved over the years. Therefore, anything outdated would impact the quality of the profile.
- Expertise – A reputable manufacturing company uses professional, dedicated, and highly trained experts with extensive knowledge of plastic extrusion machinery and the process. Included in this is the feeding of the material into the extruder, plus and minus tolerances of the die’s cross-sectional design, and so on. For achieving the highest-quality plastic profile, having experience is critical.
RPM Industries is a trusted source for extrusions and molding of aluminum, rubber, and plastic. No matter what type of plastic profile you need, our experts are more than qualified to assist. To learn about our company and the full range of services we offer, you can visit our website or contact a company representative today.