Plastic Extrusion Manufacturers: Tips to Hire a Premier Manufacturer
If you need to have parts or components plastic extruded, it is important that you hire the right company. Even though manufacturers who provide this service all perform much the same service, the quality of work varies. By considering a few factors, you will have a much easier time identifying the best plastic extrusion manufacturers to handle your specific job.
- Years in Business – Although a newer manufacturer may do an excellent job, typically, the more experience a company has the better quality the finished product will be. Therefore, find out how long the manufacturer has been in business and has produced plastic extrusions.
- Sheet Extrusion Process – Ask different manufacturers about their sheet extrusion process. In doing so, you may find that not all follow the same process, which could have an impact on the finished product. For example, the sheet is distinguished from film by how thick it is, so anything over 0.25 millimeters is sheet. As the customer, you have the right to ask what thickness of sheet will be used for your project. Based on the information provided, you can then conduct research or check with other manufacturers to see if that is the correct thickness.
- Extruding Machines – It is also important for you to work with a manufacturing company that uses the latest and most innovative extruding machines. Obviously, newer machines will produce a higher caliber of product in less time compared to something outdated.
- Customer Service – Any company worth considering will provide outstanding customer service. Especially if you have never had parts go through the extrusion process before, you are going to have a lot of questions. The right company will be patient in answering all of your questions to put your mind at ease.
- Delivery – You also want to consider the manufacturer’s on-time service policy. Although this is important regardless of your schedule, it is critical if you need a part extruded quickly. Unless the extrusion process is completed according to the agreed-upon schedule, there would be a huge impact on you and the end-customer.
Because of the precision involved with extruded parts and components, choosing the best manufacturer is imperative. RPM Industries Inc. is one of the best plastic extrusion companies in Ohio. You can visit our website to learn more about the services that we offer. If you prefer to speak with a company representative, call us today.